Is it's possible to update WordPress incrementally to the latest version if it's been a wile since WordPress was updated on my site?
Yes you can do this via a manual update.
- Take a back up of your site.
- Download the WordPress version you need from the WordPress website.
- Using your file manager program navigate to your website root folder. Delete the old WordPress folders ‘wp-includes’ and ‘wp-admin’.
- Replace them with folders from the new installation.
- Overwrite any files in the wp_content directory with the new files.
- Copy the root directory files from the new version in to the root directory of your existing website.
- That’s it. Test your site to see if it works.